Friday, July 18, 2008

A Farewell . . .

So . . . I'm leaving in 5 hours. Yikes! Leave it to me to wait until the last minute to post this thing - but why not? Sitting at my computer at home I can still see the almost packed bags on my floor. Nothing like last minute.

Everything will start for me on Sunday afternoon at John Carroll University in Cleveland. That's when I will meet everyone, start talking about what it means to live and serve in Ecuador and it's also the beginning of more infrequent communication. That's right - no internet and no phone. First time experiencing that stateside and I'm sure it will be a challenge.

I wanted to also thank all of you who have emailed and called the last few days. I wish that I was less of a procrastinator and planned more time for goodbyes, but I want you all to know that I have appreciated all of your messages and they have truly made me feel loved. I'm apprehensive and nervous to start this new adventure, but knowing that you are all behind me really does mean a lot.

At the risk of getting ahead of myself, I wanted to post some more mailing information if you ever wanted to send something through snail mail. If sending care packages, make sure you use USPS because no other companies will deliver to Duran. AND - everything must be in a padded envelope and weigh less than 4 pounds. Now that you have more specifics hopefully you won't be shy!!!

So - I will post again once I get my footing in Ecuador (circa August 4th). Stay tuned for my future job info, housing situation, house mate stories, and other Ecuadorian jems.

Please be well and be in touch . . .


Amy Piepiora o Megan Radek
Rostro de Cristo
Casilla 09-01-1024
Guayaquil, Ecuador, South America

No comments: